Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
If you haven't made your own sweet chilli sauce before, there's a good chance that the first time you try this recipe won't be your last! The heat in the sauce can be modified to suit your family's tastes. Love a bit of heat? Use hot chillies and leave the seeds in. For a more mild version, simply use mild deseeded chillies.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An easy recipe resulting in full-flavoured sweet chilli sauce." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 2 bottles of sauce (approx. 800g)
Can be frozen
You will need:
2 sterilised bottles
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- chilli - 300g, fresh, mild and deseeded or hot with seeds
- sugar - 500g
- white vinegar - 400g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (3), peeled ginger (2cm piece) and chillies (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the sugar (500g), white vinegar (400g), salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Allow to cool completely before pouring into 2 bottles. Store in the refrigerator until needed.