Sweet Chilli Chicken Tender Wraps
Just like store-bought but healthier, cheaper and quicker to whip up than you think! The tenders can easily be made ahead of time and reheated, or even eaten cold on a warmed wrap. Our recipe tester used the Sweet Chilli Dip from The Kitchen Garden Issue in place of the sweet chilli sauce and loved it. What a great way to add a little extra spice to your dinner!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Tasted really great! A very easy and quick method for a lunch that you could order at a café and pay lots of money for." - Aoife
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Chicken tenders can be frozen
- chilli - 1/2, mild, roughly chopped
- bread - 2 pieces, day old
- puffed rice - 2 Tbsp (*can use GF)
- sweet chilli sauce - 80g
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- chicken tenderloins - 8
- oil - for shallow frying
- wraps - 4, multigrain (*can use GF)
- salad of choice
- Add the chopped chilli (1/2) and day old bread (2 pieces) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 6 seconds.
- Pour into a shallow bowl along with the puffed rice (2 Tbsp).
- Set out three shallow bowls. Fill one with sweet chilli sauce (80g), the second with plain flour (50g) and the third with beaten eggs (2).
- Dip a chicken tenderloin (8 total) into chilli sauce, followed by flour, followed by egg and then lastly in the prepared chilli breadcrumbs. Place onto a plate.
- Repeat for all tenderloins.
- Heat 2cm layer of oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and crispy. Set aside on a plate covered in paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- Place tenderloin into a wrap (4 total) along with salad of choice.
- Serve immediately.
Make your own!
*Make your own wraps with the Spinach Wraps or Gluten Free Wraps recipes from The Lunchbox Issue, the Breakfast Wraps recipe from The Breakfast Issue, the Flexible Grain Free Wraps recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue or the LCHF Omelette Wraps recipe from The School Lunches Issue.