- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: Serves 06-08
Sweet Carrot and Cauliflower Muffins
Just like the zucchini in our Apple Zucchini Muffins, pumpkin is another great veggie to hide in baked goods. The muffins are orange from the carrots anyway, so why not add a little bit of extra goodness too?
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This recipe delivers carrot and cauliflower into little children's tummies and is the perfect lunchbox snack! My two children devoured these muffins... win!" - Claire
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minute
Can be frozen
- carrot - 150g, roughly chopped
- cauliflower - 100g, florets
- eggs - 2 large
- olive oil - 70g
- self raising flour - 125g (*can use GF)
- sugar - 100g
- baking powder - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- cinnamon - 2.5 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the muffin tins with paper cases. Lightly grease the cases.
- Add the chopped carrot (150g) and cauliflower florets (100g) to the mixer bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (2), olive oil (70g), self raising flour (125g), sugar (100g), baking powder (1 tsp), ground cinnamon (2.5 tsp) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 6-8 seconds. You will need to use your spatula to aid the mixing process. Be sure not to over mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into each paper case until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 3 days or in the fridge for 5.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites