Sweet and Spicy Prawn Skewers
These taste as good as they look, and they are the perfect healthy addition when getting together with friends. A little bit sweet and a little bit spicy witha delicious zestiness. Serve as a quick and healthy finger food, or with a salad for a fresh and fabulous meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I made these small skewers as a starter before the meal. They were very tasty and well received. I'll definitely be making these again!" - Nicki
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + marinating time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- prawns - 32, green, deveined and tails intact
- salad of choice - to serve
- garlic cloves - 5, peeled
- chilli - 2, mild, deseeded
- honey - 30g
- lime - 1, juice and zest only
- olive oil - 50g
- pepper - pinch
- Place garlic cloves (5) and chillies (2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the honey (30g), lime juice (from 1 lime), lime zest (from 1 lime), oil (50g) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Place prawns (32) into a large bowl and pour marinade over the top. Cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- Thread 4 prawns onto a skewer. Repeat for all skewers.
- Cook over a grill for a few minutes each side until cooked through.
- Serve with a side salad.