Sweet and Saucy Pork Mince
This recipe for sweet and saucy pork mince is so versatile, and the flavours develop beautifully over time. You can enjoy this for dinner with rice or pasta,baked with eggs for breakfast, or on a burrito for lunch... all good options!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This pork mince is a flavour bomb! I really loved the versatility of this recipe, we enjoyed it with sweet potato mash and with homemade bread rolls. Looking forward to eating it as burritos, or as a topping on pizza!" - Christina
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 31 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 250g, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- carrot - 160g, roughly chopped
- capsicum - 150g, in large pieces
- dried thyme - 1 tsp
- nutmeg - 1/2 tsp, ground
- dried fennel - 1 tsp, seeds
- olive oil - 20g
- white wine - 150g (we used sauvignon blanc)
- pork mince - 1kg
- cinnamon - 1, quill
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, diced
- vegetable stock - 50g, paste**
- tomato paste - 50g
- Add onion (250g), garlic cloves (2), carrot (160g), capsicum (150g), thyme (1 tsp), nutmeg (1/2 tsp) and fennel seeds (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 2 seconds.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature /Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add white wine (150g) to the bowl.
- Add the pork mince (1kg) to the steaming attachment lower dish and set into place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Take the lid off the steaming attachment and put it upside down on the bench. Set the steaming attachment on its lid and rough up the mince with a spatula.
- Add cinnamon quill (1), tomatoes (400g), stock paste (50g) and tomato paste (50g) to the bowl.
- Put the steaming attachment back in place, discarding any extra liquid thathas drained to the lid of the steaming attachment. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Carefully try to remove the cinnamon quill.
- Add the chunks of pork mince into the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 /10 seconds. Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy!
** We use stock pastes made with half the recommended salt.