Sweet and Salty Trail Mix
Why buy expensive trail mixes when you can make them at home so easily and for half the price? We love the combination of sweet and salty in this recipe. We find these nuts and fruit work well together, but of course you can use whatever options you have on hand!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "You'll never buy store-bought trail mixes again after you try this! Super simple to create, with an amazing mix of sweet and salty flavours." - Melissa
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- almonds - 150g
- cashew nuts - 150g
- pecans - 150g
- pepitas - 150g
- sunflower kernels - 100g
- sesame seeds - 40g
- coconut oil - 40g
- maple syrup - 80g
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- salt flakes - 1.5 tsp
- sultanas - 80g
- cranberries - 80g, dried
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Add the almonds (150g), cashews (150g), pecans (150g), pepitas (100g), sunflower kernels (100g) and sesame seeds (40g) to the roasting pan.
- Add oil (40g), maple syrup (80g), cinnamon (1 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Pour over seeds and mix to combine well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, stirring often.
- Sprinkle salt (1.5 tsp) over warm trail mix and mix to combine.
- Once cool, add the sultanas (80g) and cranberries (80g). Mix to combine. Break up any large pieces.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.