- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Serving: Serves 04-06
Be prepared to be impressed! This twist on traditional sushi has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. The wasabi dressing used in this sushi bowl is sure to be a new favourite, and you will look for ways to use it again and again! Feel free to add any extra proteins that you enjoy, like chicken, prawns or tofu.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Eating this quite literally made me so happy that I had a smile on my face the entire time. Don't feel intimidated by the foreign list of ingredients – I found them all in my local supermarket, which will cement this meal on high rotation in our household." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 23 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 1L
- sushi rice - 400g, rinsed
- rice wine vinegar - 90g
- white sugar - 20g
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- Wasabi dressing:
- wasabi paste - 2 tsp
- shoyu - 50g, (or tamari or soy sauce; *use tamari for GF)
- egg yolk - 1
- salt - to taste
- sesame oil - 10g, toasted
- grapeseed oil - 70g
- carrot - 1, shredded
- cucumber - 1, shredded
- avocado - 1, thinly sliced
- nori sheets - 2, thinly chopped using scissors
- ginger - 40g,pickled
- sesame seeds - to garnish
- Add water (1L) to the bowl. Place the rice (400g) in the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Program 23 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 4, measuring cap off.
- Transfer the rice from the basket to a large bowl and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar (90g), sugar (20g) and salt (1/4 tsp) in a cup or small bowl.
- Using a flat paddle or wooden spoon, break up clumps of the rice while slowly incorporating the vinegar mixture.
- Continue mixing the rice for a further 5 minutes, then allow it to cool completely to room temperature.
- Add the wasabi paste (2 tsp), shoyu (50g), egg yolk (1) and salt to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 4, measuring cap on. While the blades are turning, slowly pour the sesame oil (10g) and grapeseed oil (70g) over the measuring cap.
- Divide the cooled rice between 4 serving bowls.
- Top with carrot (1), cucumber (1), avocado (1), nori sheets (2) and ginger (40g).
- Drizzle with wasabi dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.