Super Green Salad
Food courts aren’t just full of deep fried foods these days. There are some great, and innovative, salad bars on offer. But when you have a thermo mixer in your kitchen you have the advantage of being able to create your own innovative salads that cost less and make more than those bought in a food court. This Super Green Salad is fresh and delicious and uses an interesting yet budget friendly item - pickled ginger! It’s a very subtle flavour, but really adds to the freshness.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- kale - 80g, washed and deveined
- broccoli - 100g, florets
- zucchini - 120g, roughly chopped
- apple - 130g, green, cored and quartered
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- ginger - 10g, pickled
- sunflower kernels - 25g
- olive oil - 15g
- salt - to taste
- Add kale leaves (80g), broccoli (100g), zucchini (120g) and green apple (130g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 6 seconds. Leave the measuring cap in for the first second and then remove so you can look through the lid and be sure your salad doesn’t turn into a green smoothie.
- Add lemon juice (1/2 a lemon), mustard (1 tsp), pickled ginger (10g), sunflower seeds (25g), olive oil (15g) and salt to the bowl.
- Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Test the seasoning and add more salt, olive oil and / or lemon juice as desired.