Sundried Tomato Pesto Meatballs
Meatballs are a great dinner for the whole family. Easy to prepare and super delicious. These sundried tomato pesto meatballs are packed with lots of flavour and perfect with pasta. You can freeze them and thaw before frying.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The meatballs were a big hit! It was an 'easy to make' mid week meal." - Ellen
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- breadcrumbs - 50g, or stale bread (*can use GF)
- beef mince - 250g
- pork mince - 250g
- pesto - 150g, sundried tomato, see Note
- dried oregano - 1.5 Tbsp
- egg - 1
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- passata - 400g, tomato
- water - 150g
- salt - pinch
- If you need to make your own breadcrumbs, add stale bread (50g) to the bowl. Process Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Check the consistency and continue processing if required.
- To the breadcrumbs (50g), add the beef mince (250g), pork mince (250g), pesto (100g only), oregano (1 Tbsp only) and egg (1) in the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Form the mixture into 12 meatballs and place in the upper tray and lower dish of the steaming attachment. Do not set it in place yet.
- Place the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tomato passata (400g), water (150g), pesto (50g), oregano (2 tsp) and salt (pinch). Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Serve immediately with pasta or rice.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Note: We have also tested this recipe using only sundried tomatoes, rather than sundried tomato pesto, with good results.