Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Pesto
Another amazing recipe shared with us by Alyce Alexandra (alycealexandra.com). This recipe is so versatile! Not only is it great to serve mixed through pasta, but it is also fantastic as a dip, sandwich spread or as a filling inside chicken breasts.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It was sooooo good, and the smell was amazing! I used mine stirred through pasta with some chorizo and cream." - Shannon
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 6 minutes
Makes 2 cups
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, cubed
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- olive oil - 60g
- semi dried tomatoes - 300g, thin
- baby spinach - 50g, or rocket leaves
- fresh basil - handful, leaves
- pine nuts - 50g, toasted (*can use sunflower seeds for NF)
- salt - to taste
- crackers - or pasta, to serve
- Place the Parmesan cheese (100g) in the bowl. Grate Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves (4) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (60g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the semi sun dried tomatoes (300g), spinach leaves (50g), basil leaves (handful), toasted pine nuts (50g), prepared Parmesan cheese (100g) and salt to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Serve as a dip with crackers or tossed through pasta.