Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Zoodles
For a yummy Italian style low carb dinner, this is a great option. Of course, you can absolutely make up the pesto and serve with standard pasta if that suits your family's needs. It's full of flavour, and easy to make when you are running short of time. Buy the sun dried tomatoes in bulk to have in your fridge when you need them. This pesto also makes for a great dip or stuffed into chicken breasts prior to cooking.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Your Italian nonna will be licking her lips after trying this recipe out! Delicious." - Monika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- zucchini - 4, spiralised
- sun dried tomatoes - 150g
- fresh basil - 20g, leaves, plus extra to garnish
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- cashew nuts - 50g, toasted, or pine nuts
- olive oil - 120g
- nutritional yeast flakes - optional
- Place the sun dried tomatoes (150g), basil (20g), garlic cloves (3), toasted cashews (50g), oil (120g), salt and pepper into the bowl. Mix on Speed 10 until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Place spiralised zucchinis (4) in a large bowl.
- Pour pesto on top and stir to combine.
- Serve raw, or alternatively you may prefer to lightly steam the noodles before combining with the pesto and serving. Another option is to lightly stir fry on a pan all together before serving.
- Top with some fresh basil leaves and nutritional yeast flakes.