- Prep Time: 2h 00 min
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: Serves 08-10
Sun Dried Tomato & Olive Loaf
This delicious savoury loaf is the perfect accompanying bread to dip in your soup. It’s quite dense and very flavoursome. It’s best served warm.
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time Approx. 2 hours
Cooking Time 30 - 40 minutes
Makes 1 large loaf, or 2 smaller loaves
Can be frozen
- fresh rosemary - 1 stalk, leaves only
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- sun dried tomatoes - 40g
- olives - 40g, pitted
- buttermilk - 450g, + extra for brushing
- yeast - 3 tsp, instant
- bakers flour - 750g
- salt - 1 tsp
- bread improver - 3 tsp, optional
- Parmesan cheese - 20g
- Add rosemary leaves (from 1 stalk) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Add sun dried tomatoes (40g) and olives (40g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Add buttermilk (450g). Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add yeast (3 tsp), flour (750g), salt (1 tsp) and bread improver (3 tsp) to the bowl.
- Program Closed Lid / 6 minutes / Kneading Function.
- Removed dough from the bowl and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover bowl with cling film and leave it to rise in a warm place, until doubled (leave for at least 1 hour).
- Take the dough from the bowl and press it into a rectangle (as pictured) on a silicon baking mat, or baking paper. For ease, work with the dough on the surface you intend to use in the oven.
- Using a spatula, divide the dough into three strands. Note: You can make one larger loaf, or two smaller loaves.
- Roll each strand so that it is cylindrical.
- Plait the strands over one another (as pictured).
- Bring the ends of each loaf together, and tuck under slightly.
- Once you have finished cover with a clean tea towel and allow to rise for another half an hour.
- In the meantime, grate Parmesan (20g) by adding to the bowl and grating Speed 7 / 7 seconds. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Once the bread has finished the second rise, brush with buttermilk and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Transfer to the oven and back for 30-40 minutes. You want the top to be golden brown, and hollow when tapped from underneath.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites