Summer Salsa and Corn Chips
Nothing beats a good dip or salsa when enjoying a BBQ by the lake with friends. Snacks just don't come any easier than this. This fresh summery salsa makes a large serve, so bring plenty of corn chips and let everyone dig in!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This summery bowl and its refreshing flavours would find a fantastic place as part of a platter with yummy crudités and corn chips. It will become part of your summer repertoire very quickly." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1/2, red, small, peeled and halved
- chilli - 1, mild, deseeded and roughly chopped
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- lime - 1, juice only
- sugar - 2 tsp
- tinned tomatoes - 100g, whole
- tomatoes - 200g, fresh, deseeded and quartered
- corn chips - to serve
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), halved red onion (1/2) and chopped chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the fresh coriander (2 Tbsp), fresh parsley (2 Tbsp), lime juice (from 1 lime) and sugar (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Add the whole tinned tomatoes (100g) and deseeded and quartered fresh tomatoes (200g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 2 seconds, or until you reach your desired consistency. Fresh tomatoes will differ in the amount of liquid they give, so you may need to drain some liquid off after mixing.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with corn chips.
Make your own!
* Make your own corn chips with the Corn Chips recipe from The Fake Out Issue.