Summer Salmon with Papaya Salad
This delightful summer salmon with papaya salad is the perfect dinner for a warm day. If you are craving the sweetness of papaya, this one is the meal to go for. The salmon counteracts the sweetness and makes a perfect combination on the dinner plate. Have the leftovers cold the next day as a salad.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Light, healthy and refreshing. Salads are a breeze with a thermo mixer and the salmon cooks evenly. Perfect weeknight dinner." - Mandi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1, red, halved
- chilli - 1, red, deseeded and halved
- fresh coriander - 10g
- capsicum - 1, red, deseeded and quartered
- capsicum - 1, green, deseeded and quartered
- capsicum - 1, yellow, deseeded and quartered
- lime - 1, juice only
- olive oil - 5g
- papaya - 1, peeled, deseeded and in bite-sized pieces
- salad of choice - handful of fresh leaves
- salmon - 2, fillets
- teriyaki sauce - 15g (*ensure GF if required)
- water - 1L
- To make the salad, first add the onion (1), chilli (1) and coriander (10g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Place the red capsicum (1), yellow capsicum (1), green capsicum (1), lime juice (from 1 lime) and oil (5g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds.
- Add the papaya (1) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 4 seconds. Place in a salad bowl and mix with fresh salad leaves (handful).
- Rub the salmon fillets (2) with teriyaki sauce (15g) all over and place on the upper tray of the steaming attachment. Fill the bowl with the water (1L) and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. If you prefer your salmon more rare, simply stop cooking earlier. Serve with the salad immediately.
*Note: Try making your own teriyaki marinade using the recipe for Teriyaki Chicken or Salmon in The Celebrations Issue.