Summer Peach Scones with Lemon Glaze
Peach scones? Yes please! These are beautiful teamed up with the lemon glaze. Simply eat as is or slice and top with fresh whipped cream and some delicious fresh peach jam.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Light and delicious. I brought them in to share with my colleagues, so I was quite popular!" - Jenny
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 12-15 minutes
Makes 8 scones
Can be frozen
You will need:
- caster sugar - 75g
- plain flour - 390g, plus extra for dusting
- baking powder - 1 Tbsp
- salt - pinch
- yoghurt - 200g, peach
- butter - 90g
- peaches - 2, peeled, deseeded and diced small
- milk - to glaze
- icing sugar - 100g
- lemon juice - 20g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (75g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (75g), add the plain flour (390g), baking powder (1 Tbsp), salt (pinch), peach yoghurt (200g) and butter (90g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Place onto a floured surface.
- Add the diced peaches (2) to the dough and gently knead by hand to incorporate.
- Roll the dough out to a 3cm thick circle.
- Cut the circle into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges onto the tray. Brush each scone with a little milk to glaze.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- If you need to make your own icing sugar, add sugar (100g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the icing sugar (100g) and lemon juice (20g). Whisk to combine. Add water until your desired consistency is achieved. You want a runny glaze that will hold its shape on top of the scones.
- Drizzle over scones and serve warm.