Summer Peach Pie Filling
You can have pie in summer too! This is when peaches are at their best. Just like the apricot pie, you can make this pie filling ahead of time and freeze for the warmer months (or use tinned peaches if you are in a pinch)! Use this as the filling with the Sweet Pie Pastry or Grain Free Sweet Pie Pastry as the base.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was so yummy and so easy to make, and it would make an awesome alternative to a crumble too." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + pie preparation time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes enough for 1 x 22cm pie
Can be frozen
- peaches - 1kg, peeled, stones removed and halved (or 3 x 400g tins of peach halves, drained)
- brown sugar - 50g
- water - 30g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- nutmeg - 1 tsp, ground
- allspice - 1/2 tsp, ground
- cornflour - 30g (*ensure GF if required)
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- Insert the whisk attachment. Peel, destone and halve the peaches (1kg). Add to the bowl.
- Add the sugar (50g), water (30g), vanilla (1 tsp), nutmeg (1 tsp), allspice (1/2 tsp), cornstarch (30g) and lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Drain off excess liquid, leaving a tablespoon or so behind.
- Pour the peach mixture into the prepared pastry shell and spread into an even layer.
- Cover with another layer of pastry, pinching the edges together.
- Brush with some beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 180C oven.