Sumac Lamb Open Pide
Want a Friday night fakeaway meal but tired of pizza with cheese? This is a great alternative – fun to make and extremely tasty.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy and yum!" - Christina
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 1 hour 30 minutes rising time
Cooking Time 40-45 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
2 baking trays
- water - 200g, lukewarm
- yeast - 1 tsp, dry instant
- plain flour - 330g
- salt - 1 tsp
- sugar - 1 tsp
- fresh parsley - 1/2 small bunch, roughly chopped
- onion - 1, small, peeled and halved
- capsicum - 1, red, deseeded and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 10g
- sumac - 2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- salt - 1 tsp
- lamb mince - 400g, good quality
- tomato - 2, deseeded and finely diced
- Add the lukewarm water (200g), dry instant yeast (1 tsp), plain flour (330g), salt (1 tsp) and sugar (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Program 6 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove and place into an oiled bowl. Allow to rise for 90 minutes in a warm place.
- Place the fresh chopped parsley (1/2 small bunch) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Add the halved onion (1), chopped capsicum (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the sumac (2 tsp), cracked black pepper (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp), lamb mince (400g) and finely diced tomatoes (2) to the bowl. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add 3/4 of the reserved parsley. Mix together with a spatula to combine well.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Place two baking trays into the oven to heat.
- Lightly flour the bench, remove the dough from the bowl and lightly knead for 15 seconds.
- Divide into two portions. Shape both into two thin oval shapes.
- Remove the baking trays from the oven, cover with baking paper and place the rolled dough onto the trays.
- Spread a thin layer of the lamb over, leaving a 3cm edge around the pide dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the base is cooked though and golden.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley and serve immediately.