These tasty entrees have been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. This variety uses chicken, but prawns also work well. For a traditional alternative, you can wrap the mixture in wonton wrappers and steam. However, the zucchini makes a great grain free alternative.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A healthy, vegetable filled alternative to the humble dumpling. Great flavour too! - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- chicken mince - 300g, see Note
- fresh coriander - small handful
- spring onion - 1, finely chopped
- lime - 1, or lemon, zest only
- sweet chilli sauce - 2 Tbsp
- fish sauce - 2 Tbsp (*ensure GF if required)
- egg white - 1
- coconut cream - 1/4 cup
- water - 500g
- zucchinis - 4, cut into 3cm slices
- Add the mince (300g), coriander (small handful), spring onion (1), lime zest (from 1 lime), chilli sauce (2 Tbsp), fish sauce (2 Tbsp), egg white (1), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds, or until a coarse purée has been reached.
- Turn to Speed 4, and with motor running add coconut cream (1/4 cup) in a slow stream and mix until evenly combined. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Add water (500g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, or until steaming temperature has been reached. While you are waiting for the water to heat, move on to the steps below.
- Scoop out the centre of each round of zucchini (12) with a melon baller.
- Fill with chilled chicken mixture and set on the upper tray and lower dish of the steaming attachment.
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Serve immediately.
Note: This recipe will work best with storebought mince. If you make your own mince from chicken breast you may find it a little dry after steaming.