Stuffed Winter Apples
Apples are at their best in the winter months. The combination of warm apples and cinnamon just scream 'Winter'. Mmmm. Stuffed apples are a favourite for so many that we thought we would thermify them especially for our Winter Warmers issue. Steamed apples with raisins, cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup - simple ingredients but delicious flavours. This is winter food at its best.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Can not be frozen
- apples - 4, granny smith or pink lady
- raisins - 1 Tbsp, for each apple
- maple syrup - 1 tsp, for each apple
- cinnamon - 1 Tbsp, ground
- almonds - 50g, slivered (*or pepitas)
- water - 500g, warm
- Place warm water (500g) into the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Whilst this is coming to boil, prepare your apples.
- Core each apple. Peel away the skin of the top half of each apple.
- Place 1 Tbsp of raisins into each hole. Place into lower steaming dish.
- Program 9 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Place almonds (50g) into a small frying pan over medium heat. Toast for a few minutes until fragrant. Stir often.
- Carefully place steamed apples into a serving bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup (1 tsp per apple), dust with a little of the cinnamon and sprinkle over the toasted nuts.
- Serve with cream or ice cream for an indulgent dessert.