Stuffed Turkey Roll
Turkey is synonymous with the American holiday Thanksgiving. This recipe is a fabulous alternative to roasting an entire bird in the oven (and is really so delicious). It has been contributed to us by Alyce Alexandra and is featured in her beautiful book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. You can follow along with the video below for extra tips.
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen in individual serves, or served hot or cold.
- bread - 2 slices, wholemeal, frozen and halved (*can use GF if required)
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- fresh sage - handful, leaves only
- fresh rosemary - 3 sprigs, leaves only
- pork fillet - 250g, roughly chopped
- dried apricots - 150g
- cherries - 150g, dried
- pecans - 100g
- brandy - 20g
- egg - 1
- turkey breast - 1 (1.5kg), boned, trimmed, skin on and butterflied
- pancetta - 8 slices
- macadamia oil
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place bread (2 slices) into bowl. Mill Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Add onion (1), garlic (3 cloves), sage leaves (1 handful) and rosemary leaves (from 3 sprigs) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
- Set aside.
- Place pork (250g) into the bowl. Mince Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Set aside with onion and breadcrumbs.
- Place apricots (150g), cherries (100g) and pecans (100g) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds.
- Add all prepared ingredients plus brandy (20g) and egg (1). Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 20 seconds.
- Place turkey breast skin side down on a board and fold out so the breast lies flat.
- Cover with baking paper and gently pound the thicker sections using a rolling pin until even thickness.
- Remove baking paper.
- Cover with slices of pancetta (8).
- Press stuffing mixture evenly on top of the pancetta to create a 1cm layer.
- Carefully roll up turkey and use kitchen string to tie securely.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Rub skin liberally with macadamia oil and salt.
- Bake turkey for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes prior to serving.