This is another brilliant recipe from Steph Sofield of Thermomixin' Kitchen Vixen. This delicious vegetarian meal can be served as either an entree or as a main meal.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- mushrooms - 5, field, 10 cm in diameter
- spinach - 50g, leaves
- semi dried tomatoes - 50g
- Parmesan cheese - 30g, grated
- butter - 85g, plain or with porcini and caramelised onion
- garlic cloves - 3
- fresh herbs of choice - 1 Tbsp, woody (tested with thyme and oregano)
- balsamic vinegar - 2 tsp
- pine nuts - 20g
- green beans - 200g
- breadcrumbs - 5 Tbsp, panko, optional (*omit for a GF meal)
- Line the steaming attachment upper tray with a sheet of wet baking paper.
- Remove stalks from mushrooms (5) and place mushrooms into steaming attachment upper tray in a single layer.
- Place spinach leaves (50g), semi-sun dried tomatoes (50g), grated Parmesan (30g), porcini and caramelised onion butter (85g), garlic cloves (3), herbs (1 Tbsp), mushroom stalks and balsamic vinegar (2 tsp) into bowl. Chop on Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add pine nuts (20g). Mix on Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture. Place in steaming attachment.
- Fill bowl with hot water (500g) and put steaming attachment into place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add beans (200g) over the mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 42
- Optional: once cooked, remove the mushrooms and place on a baking tray. Put 1 Tbsp of panko breadcrumbs on top of each mushroom and place under the griller for a few minutes to crisp.
- Serve mushrooms with beans on the side.
Note: Steph made parsnip chips to accompany these mushrooms. Simply, slice a parsnip using a vegetable peeler. Toss in oil and salt. Bake for 20-30 mins in an 160C oven. You can find also find her porcini and caramelised onion butter here: http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/caramelised-onion-porcini-butter/124206