These stuffed calamari are light and full of flavour. We have stuffed them with breadcrumbs, herbs and cherry tomatoes and fried them up with fresh tomatoes and basil to make a delicious meal. To make life easy, consider making the crumb ahead of time and taking it on the road with you to stuff in your lovely fresh calamari.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Loved the pop of sweetness from the tomatoes, and the herbs in the breadcrumbs really complimented the calamari." - Ellen
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 4 as a starter
Cannot be frozen
- breadcrumbs - 100g (*can use GF)
- fresh parsley - 10g
- fresh basil - 10g, leaves
- fresh chives - 10g, chopped into large pieces
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp, dried
- anchovy fillet - 1
- lemon - 1, zest and juice only
- Parmesan cheese - 30g
- calamari - 4, tubes, rinsed
- olive oil - 20g
- cherry tomatoes - 200g
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch, black
- Place the breadcrumbs (100g), parsley (10g), basil (10g), chives (10g), garlic cloves (3), chilli flakes (1/2 tsp), anchovy (1), lemon juice and zest (from 1 lemon) and Parmesan cheese (30g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 3 seconds.
- Take a toothpick and seal off the bottom of each calamari tube (4). Fill with the mixture and seal off with another toothpick. Place aside.
- Heat the oil (20g) in a cast iron skillet over a hot plate. Fry the cherry tomatoes (200g) with salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) for 10 minutes.
- Add the squid tubes to the skillet. Fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately.