Strawberry Yoghurt Ice Creams
These lovely strawberry yoghurt ice creams have been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her beautiful new book Recipes From Our Cooking School. They are sure to be a hit with adults and children alike in the coming summer months!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick, easy and healthy summer treat! What more could you ask for?" - Belinda
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 8 hours
Can be frozen
- bananas - 2, halved
- strawberries - 250g, hulled
- yoghurt - 250g, plain
- apple juice - 200g
- maple syrup - 50g
- vanilla - 1.5 tsp, extract
- Place bananas (2), strawberries (250g), plain yoghurt (250g), apple juice (200g), maple syrup (50g) and vanilla extract (1.5 tsp) into bowl and pulverise 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Distribute mixture evenly between dariole moulds. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Insert wooden icy-pole sticks into dariole moulds and freeze for a further 6 hours, minimum.
- Remove icy poles from moulds, wrap in clingfilm and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- You can use any commercial icy-pole moulds in place of dariole moulds.
- Find fun shapes for kids' parties, like umbrellas, stars or rocket ships.
- For a traditional style ice cream, freeze mixture in a shallow plastic container for a minimum of 6 hours. Once frozen, cut into 8 blocks using a large knife and pulverise Speed 9 / 20 seconds. Continue mixing on Speed 6 until mixture becomes creamy.