Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Strawberry Jam is another favourite topping for crêpes, and you really can't beat homemade jam, especially with a touch of vanilla! It's relatively quick and easy to whip up a few jars at home.
No: Dairy / Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 1 small jar
Cannot be frozen
- strawberries - 500g, hulls removed
- sugar - 400g
- apple - 1, large, red, quartered (do not remove skin, core or seeds)
- vanilla bean powder - 1 tsp, or caviar
- Place strawberries (500g), sugar (400g), quartered apple (1 large) and vanilla bean caviar (1 tsp) into bowl.
- 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2 with the measuring cup at an angle in the lid.
- Scrape down sides.
- 15 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2 with the measuring cup at an angle in the lid.
- Test your jam by placing a little on a spoon. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. If it is thick it is ready, keeping in mind it thickens slightly more upon completely cooling. If it is still quite runny cook 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Test your jam again.
- Place into sterilised jar and seal for pantry storage. Will last two to three weeks in the fridge without vacuum sealing.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.