Buttery, flaky pastry with a gooey cream cheese and strawberry centre. What more could you want? This recipe is very easily doubled or even tripled if you are cooking for a crowd. Consider making your own puff pastry for a truly spectacular dessert.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is the perfect dessert for those nights when you're craving a sweet treat and either don't have many ingredients in the house or don't have the time for anything complicated. Nice and simple and a real crowd pleaser." - Melissa
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- sugar - 80g
- lime - 1, zest and juice only
- cream cheese - 250g
- puff pastry - 1 sheet, quartered (make your own with the Puff Pastry recipe from this issue)
- strawberries - 250g, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place sugar (80g) and lime zest (from 1 lime) into the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add cream cheese (250g) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds, or until smooth.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture into the middle of each puff pastry rectangle (4, from 1 sheet). Be sure to leave a border, as this will form the wall of your tart.
- Place strawberries (250g) on top of the cream cheese in a nice pattern, ensuring all of the cream cheese is covered.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is cooked though and golden.
Want to add something extra?
- Drizzle white chocolate over the cooked tarts before serving.