Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt
Does your family love strawberry ice cream? Try this version that uses yummy Greek yoghurt instead, which you can get fresh from your market. Use fresh strawberries and freeze them the day before making this recipe if they are in season. When strawberries are not in season, use high quality frozen strawberries from the supermarket. The added vanilla makes it a beautifully sweet but healthy treat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A cold and refreshing ice cream with a soft texture and rich red colour." - Alana
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- sugar - 50g, or adjust amount to personal preference
- vanilla - 2, beans, seeds scraped out (or 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste)
- fresh mint - 6, leaves
- strawberries - 300g, frozen
- yoghurt - 150g, Greek
- Place the sugar (50g), vanilla bean seeds (from 2 beans) and mint leaves (6) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add the strawberries (300g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the yoghurt (150g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 5 / 15 seconds.
- Serve immediately.