Strawberry, Feta and Kale Salad
Are you often asked to bring a salad, especially in the warmer months during 'BBQ season'? This salad is a little different to the norm, but it is so jam packed full of flavour and texture that we think it will be a new crowd pleaser for sure. The dressing is incredibly versatile and can also be used on a simple garden salad to jazz it up.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Tasted amazing – sweet and tangy! An easy alternative to regular salad." - Karien
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large serving bowl
- olive oil - 100g
- balsamic vinegar - 50g
- lemon juice - squeeze, or orange juice
- honey - 50g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- kale - 1 large bunch, stems removed, washed and dried1 large bunch of kale, stems removed, washed and dried
- fresh mint - 20, leaves
- onion - 1/4, red, peeled
- strawberries - 250g, hulled and halved or quartered depending on size
- feta cheese - 100g, crumbled
- almonds - 60g, toasted, flaked, to garnish
- Add the olive oil (100g), balsamic vinegar (50g), lemon juice (squeeze), honey (50g), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Pour into a jug and set aside.
- Add the washed and prepared kale (1 large bunch), fresh mint leaves (20) and peeled red onion (1/4) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the kale mixture to a large serving bowl along with the halved strawberries (250g) and crumbled feta cheese (100g). Mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad just before serving. Mix to combine and top with toasted flaked almonds (60g).