This raw vegan dessert has been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. It has a lovely strawberry flavour with hints of date and lemon, and it can be made without a complicated list of ingredients. Who knew dairy free cheesecake could be this good?
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Nice subtle sweet strawberry flavour. Really loved this one, and I could probably have eaten the whole dessert in one sitting with a spoon!" - Michelle
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes + 2 hours freezing time
Can be frozen
You will need:
medium slice tin
- desiccated coconut - 130g
- cashew nuts - 75g, raw
- dates - 10, pitted (approx. 150g)
- lemon - 1, zest only
- cashew nuts - 150g
- water - boiling
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- honey - 70g, or rice malt syrup
- strawberries - 120g, hulled
- coconut oil - 45g, liquified
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- Line a medium slice tin with baking paper hanging over the sides.
- Place the cashews (150g) for the top layer into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside while you make the base.
- Add the desiccated coconut (130g), raw cashews (75g), pitted dates (10) and lemon zest (from 1 lemon) to the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and set aside.
- Strain the soaked cashews and add them to the bowl, along with the lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), honey (70g), hulled strawberries (120g), liquid coconut oil (45g), vanilla extract (1 tsp) and salt (pinch). Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Spread the top evenly over the base and place the slice into the freezer for two hours to set.
- Once set, slice and store in the freezer.