Strawberry and Cream Mug Cake
Looking for a quick dessert with a light, fluffy texture? This fruity mug cake has delicious little red pockets of strawberry throughout. It makes for a great alternative to a chocolatey dessert!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I think this is the best recipe I have ever had to test. It was amazing." - Shannon
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 2-4 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- self raising flour - 100g
- sugar - 40g, or sweetener of choice
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- egg - 1
- olive oil - 30g
- strawberries - 250g, fresh, diced
- cream - whipped, to serve (*omit for DF)
- Add the self raising flour (100g), sugar (40g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), egg (1) and olive oil (30g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add some of the diced strawberries (150g only) to the bowl. Gently mix with your spatula to combine.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and the remaining diced strawberries (100g).
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm.