Strawberry and Apple Chia Jam
Jam on toast is a favourite breakfast option for many. Jam doesn't have to be sugary and cooked for hours. This Strawberry and Apple Chia Jam, from Nat Kringoudis, is lower in sugar than standard jams, and delicious on your favourite toast! Why not try it with the Sourdough Bread or Gluten Free Raisin Toast from this issue?
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 1 cup of jam
Cannot be frozen
- apples - 2, cored and chopped
- strawberries - 300g
- water - 500g, hot
- rice malt syrup - 3 Tbsp
- chia seeds - 50g
- Place apples (2) into bowl.
- Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down.
- Place strawberries (300g) and water (500g) into bowl.
- 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add rice malt syrup (3 Tbsp) and chia seeds (50g).
- Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Allow to sit for chia to soak up the jam.
- Pour into a clean jar. This will last for a week in the fridge.