Sticky Banana Crumble
Warm gooey caramelised banana with a delicious crunchy crumble topping? Yes please! This simple recipe is not only easy, it uses everyday ingredients found in most kitchens. Team this up with some ice cream or custard and you have an impressive dessert for the cooler months.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I loved this for its simplicity and ease. It went down a treat! It was so quick and easy to make, and it got a huge thumbs up from my ever-critical hubby and a series of volunteer taste testers." - Sue
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25-30 minutes
Can be frozen
- bananas - 5, large, peeled and sliced diagonally
- butter - 100g
- brown sugar - 100g
- vanilla - 2 tsp
- oats - 200g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a medium sized baking dish.
- Place sliced bananas (5) on the bottom of the dish.
- Add butter (100g), sugar (100g) and vanilla (2 tsp) to the mixer bowl. Program 9 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture over the bananas.
- Add oats (200g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds, or until combined.
- Scatter the oats over the bananas.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until oats are golden.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 40g shredded coconut and 100g slivered almonds in Step 5.