Sticky Balsamic Drumsticks
Chicken drumsticks are a favourite picnic food item. They are great with some salad and delicious bread. They are so easy to prepare, budget friendly and travel well with the help of some ice packs.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is an easy marinade that turned plain chicken legs into delicious chicken legs. They have a nice sticky glaze look, and tasted very nice. Both my girls loved them. We ate them hot for dinner." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45-60 minutes
Makes 8 drumsticks
Can be frozen
- chicken drumsticks - 8
- balsamic vinegar - 50g
- honey - 50g
- sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp
- spring onion - 1, sliced
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Place balsamic vinegar (50g), honey (50g), sesame seeds (1 Tbsp) and spring onion (1) into bowl. Speed 7 / 10 seconds.
- Pour marinade into ziplock bag and add the drumsticks (8).
- Allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place drumsticks into baking tray. Bake for 45-60 minutes until cooked through, turning often.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before placing into the fridge.
Wrap in aluminium foil and transport in a sealed airtight container with ice packs. Don't forget to pack serviettes!