Steamed Sesame Salmon Bites with Asparagus Salad
This recipe has been developed by the very talented Sophia Handschuh for TRTLMT's Mixing Easter Mini Cookbook and has been so popular we thought we would include this in this issue. It is a quick dinner or entrèe that is sure to impress. If you need this to go a little further, simply add some more salmon. Even further still? Steam some rice to serve as a side.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is an excellent dinner! It was quick and easy to make and the flavours are delicious. It's beautiful and fresh." - Julia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Soy dipping sauce:
- chilli - 1, red
- honey - 40, runny
- balsamic vinegar - 10g
- soy sauce - 30g, dark (*check for Gluten if necessary)
- soy sauce - 15g (*check for Gluten if necessary)
- kecap manis - 10g (*check for Gluten if necessary)
- lime - 1, juice only
- Steamed salmon:
- salmon - 250g, fillets
- sesame seeds - 10g, black
- sesame seeds - 10g, white
- water - 1.1L
- Asparagus salad:
- fresh mint - handful
- asparagus - 250g, in 2cm chunks
- peas - 200g, frozen
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- lemon - 1, juice only
- baby spinach - 10g
- chilli - 1, red, sliced
- For the soy dipping sauce place a chilli (1) in the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add runny honey (40g), balsamic vinegar (10g), dark soy sauce (30g), soy sauce (15g), kecap manis (10g) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 40 seconds. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Clean and dry the bowl.
- Chop the salmon (250g) into bite sized chunks. Place the black sesame seeds (10g) and white sesame seeds (10g) on a plate and coat the salmon in them.
- Place the mint (handful) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Place into a small bowl and set aside.
- Fill the bowl with water (1.1L). Attach the steaming attachment. Place the asparagus (250g) and peas (200g) into the lower dish.
- Take a piece of baking paper and slightly scrunch and wet it. Place it on thetop steaming tray. Add the salmon chunks on top of the paper. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add the asparagus and peas to a serving bowl. Add the mint, olive oil (1 tsp), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), spinach (10g) and chilli (1). Mix well.
- Remove the salmon and place onto a serving dish. Serve with the salad and dipping sauce immediately.