Steamed Rice Pork Balls
Tenina Holder, queen of all things delicious, has contributed this recipe. These little hedgehogs of yumminess are cooked perfectly with your steaming attachment, and the dipping sauce is just as yummy as it is easy!
Recipe Tester Tip: "Everyone loved these! To make it go further we put some asian greens and broccoli florets in the bottom tray with the leftover rice (on the paper) to cook and soak up the juices." - Penny
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 45 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes approximately 25 balls
Can be frozen
- rice - 200g
- spring onions - 4, chopped
- garlic cloves - 3-4
- ginger - 1 thumb-sized piece, fresh
- pork mince - 500g
- miso paste - 50g
- salt flakes - 1 Tbsp, pink
- water - 1L
- Dipping sauce:
- oyster sauce
- sweet chilli sauce
- lime - 1, juice only
- Soak rice (200g) in cold water for at least 30 minutes then drain well.
- Place spring onions (4), garlic cloves (3-4), and ginger (thumb-sized piece) into bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add pork (500g), miso paste (50g) and salt (1 Tbsp). Blend on Reverse+Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Set aside.
- Rinse bowl with water, add 1kg water to the bowl and bring to the boil 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Roll pork into walnut sized balls and coat each ball in rice. Place into your baking paper lined steaming attachment lower dish and upper tray.
- Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add oyster sauce and chilli sauce in equal parts. Mix in lime juice (from 1 lime) with a spoon and serve with cooked meatballs.