Steamed Mussels with Garlic Tomato Sauce
This delicious seafood dish has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. The garlic tomato sauce is the perfect accompaniment to these yummy mussels. Enjoy on a cold night with crusty bread!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a great dish to impress dinner guests that looks and tastes amazing but which is quick and easy to make. The end product was amazing, love the garlic sauce with the slight chilli kick and the mussels were so yum." - Elizabeth
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Serves 2 as a main, 4 as an entrée
Cannot be frozen
- leek - 1, ends trimmed and halved
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- chilli - 1 red, large, halved and seeds removed
- olive oil - 40g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, diced
- tomato paste - 1 Tbsp
- white wine - 200g
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- salt - to taste
- mussels - 1kg, scrubbed and debearded
- fresh parsley - flat leaf, leaves only, to serve
- bread - crusty, to serve (*omit or use GF)
- Place leek (1), garlic cloves (6) and chilli (1) in mixer bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (40g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add tomatoes (400g), tomato paste (1 Tbsp), wine (200g), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) and salt (to taste).
- Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cup removed and steaming attachment in place to prevent splashes.
- Place mussels (1kg) in the steaming attachment lower dish. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2. Remove mussels that have opened.
- Steam for a further 1 minute / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2. Again, remove mussels that have opened.
- Steam for a further 1 minute / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2. Set aside mussels that have opened and discard any mussels that are unopened.
- Pour sauce into individual serving bowls and arrange mussels on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with fresh crusty bread.