Steamed Mussels in White Wine
Steamed mussels in white wine are the perfect dinner for two on a romantic evening. If you want to surprise your other half, this is a great recipe to follow. The mussels are best dipped into the white wine broth with some fresh baguette.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great balance of flavours. Beautiful subtle richness. Love nothing more than a fancy, easy to prepare dinner. Great way to ‘get your French on!’" - Mandi
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- leek - 1, washed and sliced thinly
- carrots - 3, sliced into rounds
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- mussels - 750g, debearded
- white wine - 500g, dry
- cream - 100g, pure
- water - 200g
- vegetable stock - 2, cubes
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- cayenne pepper - pinch
- dried thyme - 1 tsp
- baguette - fresh, to serve (*can omit or use GF)
- Place the leek (1), carrots (3), garlic cloves (2) and oil (20g) into the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly rinse the mussels (750g) under cold water until all the mussels are closed up. Throw out any mussels that are still open. Place in the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Add the wine (500g), cream (100g), water (200g), stock cubes (2), salt (1/2 tsp), black pepper (1/2 tsp), cayenne pepper (pinch) and thyme (1 tsp) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Serve the mussels with the broth and fresh baguette.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.