Steamed Jam Puddings
A delicious warming dessert perfect for the colder months ahead. You can use any jam you like in this recipe, so it's a great way to use up any little bits of jam left in the fridge. Serve with a dollop of thick double cream or warm custard for an indulgent dessert.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looked great, taste yum! You could easily do multiple jam flavours in the ramekins if desired." - Diana
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- raspberry jam - 200g, or jam of choice
- water - 500g, hot
- butter - 120g, softened, plus extra for greasing
- white sugar - 90g, or sweetener of choice
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- self raising flour - 180g (*can use GF)
- milk - 50g
- eggs - 2
- lemon - 1 tsp, finely grated zest only
- jam of choice - 200g
- water - 500g
- Add butter (120g), sugar (90g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), flour (180g), milk (50g), eggs (2) and lemon zest (1 tsp) to the bowl. Speed 4 until just combined.
- Lightly grease 4 small heatproof glasses or small jars.
- Divide the jam (200g) up between each glass.
- Pour pudding batter into each glass carefully.
- Wash the bowl out.
- Pour hot water (500g) into the bowl.
- Place ramekins into steaming attachment lower dish.
- Set steaming attachment in place.
- Cook for 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Carefully remove the glasses from the steaming attachment with oven mitts. Allow to cool.
- Serve when glasses are warm to touch but not hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of cream.
Note: You may wish to steam these in a bowl and turn out onto a plate for serving.