Steamed Ginger Orange Fish
Fish is one of the easiest things to cook in your steaming attachment. A full flavoured fish needs only the slightest sauce and makes for a quick, healthy dinner. Serve with salad or one of our delicious sides. Consider cooking some greens in the steaming attachment upper tray for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- white fish fillets - 2, boneless, ask your fish monger what is best for that time of year
- water - 700g, hot
- orange - 1, juice only
- ginger - 10g
- garlic clove - 1/2
- tamari - 1 tsp
- spring onion - 1/2
- water - 700g
- fresh coriander - to garnish
- Place orange juice (from 1 orange), ginger (10g), garlic clove (1/2), tamari sauce (1 tsp) and spring onion (1/2) into bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Pour sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Place fish fillets onto the lightly oiled steaming attachment lower dish. Tuck the tail end of the fish under the main part of fish to allow for even cooking.
- Fill bowl with water (700g).
- Put steaming attachment into place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Please note that the exact cooking time will depend on the size of each fish fillets.
- You may wish to strain the sauce at this stage so that it's not as fibrous.
- Serve sauce over hot cooked fish. Garnish with coriander.