Steamed Fish Parcels
There is nothing better than a healthy steamed fish for dinner with some rice and green vegetables. You can prepare this lovely meal in no time and enjoy a guilt-free dinner. Simple but delicious. This meal will serve four, but can easily be halved for two.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Nice fresh flavour - the whole family enjoyed it." - Penny
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 10g, flat leaf
- butter - 35g
- swordfish - 4 fillets, or skinless salmon fillets
- water - 1L
- lemon - 1, juice only
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Place the garlic cloves (2) and fresh parsley (10g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (35g). Combine Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Place each fish inside a piece of baking paper and add the butter on top of each fish. Fold the baking paper to make a little parcel and put it on the upper tray of the steaming attachment.
- Add the water (1L) to the bowl and set the steaming attachment upper tray in place. Steam 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Check the fish. Continue cooking if you prefer. Optional: Add your preferred vegetables to the lower dish of the steaming attachment. Depending on the vegetables you use, you may wish to add them during cooking (e.g. broccoli and zucchini will only need 10-15 minutes).
- Serve your fish drizzled with fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, alongside potatoes or rice and green vegetables.