Steamed Chicken with Asian Coriander Sauce
This recipe has been shared with us by Lauren Fountain.
"This is one of the dishes I cooked when trying to ‘woo’ my now husband! We still eat it regularly, and it always makes me feel a bit nostalgic! It is fresh, spicy and can be used as a cold lunch dish with salad or eaten straight away for dinner with some rice or noodles. If your kids love Asian flavours, just leave out the chilli!" - Lauren
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great-tasting Asian flavoured sauce that packs a punch and turns plain chicken into glorious chicken!" - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- chicken breast - 800g, cut into strips
- water - 1L, hot
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 10g, peeled
- chillies - 2, small
- fresh coriander - 1 bunch, leaves and 2cm of stalk only
- Shaoxing wine - 40g (Chinese cooking wine)
- soy sauce - 40g (*ensure GF if required)
- kecap manis - 50g (sweet soy sauce; *ensure GF if required)
- black vinegar - 15g, Chinese
- water - 50g
- sesame oil - 15g
- To serve:
- onions - 15g, fried
- Add the prepared chicken (800g) to the steaming attachment lower dish and upper tray. Set aside.
- Add the garlic cloves (2), ginger (10g) and chillies (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the coriander (1 bunch) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the wine (40g), soy sauce (40g), kecap manis (50g), vinegar (15g), water (50g) and sesame oil (15g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides. Set aside.
- Without rinsing the bowl, add water (1L) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 17 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Move the chicken from the steaming attachment to a serving tray.
- Pour the coriander sauce over the chicken pieces and sprinkle the fried onions (15g) on top.