Steamed Chicken and Pork Dumplings
Have fun making your own dumplings from scratch! First make the wrappers (it's not as hard as it sounds), then choose a chicken or pork filling. After that, assemble and steam! So easy!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These taste as if I were eating them at a restaurant. They are so simple and tasty." - Carly
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Makes 32 chicken or pork dumplings
Can be frozen
- oil - for greasing the steaming attachment
- water - 1.5L, boiling
- chillies - optional, for serving
- Chinese vinegar sauce - optional, for serving
- plain flour - 200g, plus extra for dusting
- water - 115g
- ginger - 20g, peeled
- cabbage - 100g, roughly chopped
- pork mince - 300g, or chicken mince
- oyster sauce - 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce - 2 tsp
- sesame oil - 1 tsp
- sugar - pinch
- cornflour - 1 Tbsp
- spring onions - 50g, finely chopped, for pork filling
- Chinese chives - 50g, finely chopped, for chicken filling (*see Note)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Add flour (200g) and water (115g only) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Program 1 minute / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Transfer the dough to a separate bowl and cover it with clingfilm or a clean tea towel. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Place ginger (20g only) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds.
- Add cabbage (100g only) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add mince (300g), oyster sauce (1 Tbsp only), soy sauce (2 tsp only), sesame oil (1 tsp only), sugar (pinch only), cornflour (1 Tbsp only) and spring onions (50g, for pork filling) or Chinese chives (50g, for chicken filling) to the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds or until combined.
- Roll dough into a cylinder, divide into 4 portions then cut each portion into 8 pieces (approx. 2cm x 4cm portions). Roll each piece into a circle (approx. 8cm in diameter).
- Place a small amount of filling in the middle of each circle.
- Fold it in half, ensuring there isn't too much filling that it will spill out but not too little so the dumpling is plump. Pinch the top half of the semi circle to seal.
- Identify the mid point between the top of the semi circle and the edge and fold it to the top, pinching it to seal.
- Fold the outer corner to the top and again, pinch to seal so there are three folds. Repeat on the other side. You should have six folds on your dumpling while sealed nicely.
- Shape the dumpling in a crescent shape and ensure it can stand by itself.
- Oil the steaming attachment dish and tray and place the dumplings on them.
- Fill the bowl with boiling water (1.5L). Program 12 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Serve dumplings hot with chillies and Chinese vinegar sauce.
Note: Chinese chives can be found at an Asian grocer.