Steamed Barramundi with Salsa Verde
This Italian take on fish fillets is served with salsa verde, a pesto-like dressing, and accompanied by mashed potato and steamed vegetables. It has been shared with us by Tamara Morris from My Melbourne Thermo. Salsa verde is made with a mixture of herbs as well as anchovies, capers and lemon. These piquant flavours make it a beautiful accompaniment to seafood, roast meats and many other savoury dishes. It would be wonderful tossed through some steamed potatoes or a chickpea salad with roasted capsicum.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delightfully tasty, quick, all in one dish. I will definitely be adding this one to my repertoire." - Bec B.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Salsa verde:
- fresh herbs of choice - 2 cups (i.e. parsley, basil, oregano, mint)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- anchovy fillet - 3
- capers - 2 tsp
- olive oil - 30g
- mustard - 2 tsp
- lemon - 1, juice only
- Barramundi and mash:
- water - 500g, hot
- potatoes - 500g, chopped into cubes
- vegetables of choice - for steaming
- barramundi fillets - 2-3 large, skin on
- olive oil - 20g
- Add mixed herbs (2 cups), garlic cloves (2), anchovy fillets (3) and capers (2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Weigh oil (30g) into a small jug or measuring cap.
- Add mustard (2 tsp) and lemon juice (from 1 lemon) to the bowl. Combine on Speed 4. Whilst blades are still turning add the oil slowly. Scrape down sides. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, add water (500g) to the bowl. Set the internal steaming basket in place and put potatoes (500g) inside.
- Arrange your vegetables in the steaming attachment lower dish and place barramundi fillets (2-3) onto the steaming attachment upper tray, skin side down. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Check fish and vegetables after the 15 minutes and remove if necessary.
- Cook potatoes again. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- When cooked, remove the internal steaming basket and empty the water. Set the whisk attachment in place. Add the potatoes and oil (20g) to the bowl. Mash Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Serve potatoes, vegetables and fish and drizzle salsa verde on the top.