Steak with Creamy Mustard Sauce
So here's the truth... you are really going to love this sauce, and you will probably want to eat it at every opportunity! It's a great option to whizz up in your mixer to turn a regular old steak meal into something truly delish!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This sauce will enhance any protein, and it would even go well with steamed vegetables. A creamy, full flavoured mustard sauce... delicious!" - Kristi
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes
Serves 2, with extra sauce
Steak can be frozen
- steak of choice - 2, medium sized
- salad of choice - or steamed vegetables, to serve
- Mustard sauce:
- onion - 1/2, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- mustard - 1 Tbsp, wholegrain
- butter - 20g
- sour cream - 150g
- Place onion (1/2) and garlic clove (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add wholegrain mustard (1 Tbsp) and butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add sour cream (150g) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Cook steaks (2) to your liking on a hot grill.
- Serve with the mustard sauce and a side salad or steamed vegetables.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.