Star Anise Green Tea
Those who love the taste of anise and liquorice will really love our take on this star anise green tea. For a fuller tasting green tea, allow to sit for a further 5 minutes after the initial 2 minute resting period. A great complement to a spicy meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Surprisingly refreshing burst of flavour!" - Jan
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes 4 cups
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- green tea - 15g, medium size, loose leaf, leaves (or 5 green tea bags)
- star anise - 8 pods, whole
- cinnamon - 1 quill
- lemon - 1 strip, peel
- water - 800g
- honey - optional, to serve
- Place tea leaves (15g) or tea bags (5) into a large teapot with a built in strainer, or strain separately when pouring.
- Add the whole star anise pods (8), cinnamon quill (1), lemon peel (1 strip) and water (800g) into the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Pour into the teapot and allow to infuse for 2 minutes after boiling.
- Pour into teacups. Strain through a strainer if your pot does not have one built in.
- Add a little honey for sweetness before serving.