Star Anise, Ginger and Soy Roast Vegetables
Why have regular old roast vegetables when you can make them jam packed full of flavour?! Not a fan of star anise? Simply reduce the amount or omit.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a lovely twist to regular roast vegetables. We served it with a roast chicken and it was lovely." - Shannon
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Serves 4 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- carrot - 300g, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- potato - 300g, baby, halved
- sweet potato - 300g, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- onion - 8, small, baby, peeled and left whole
- star anise - 2 pods, slightly crushed
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- honey - 50g
- soy sauce - 50g (*ensure GF if required)
- olive oil - 30g
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the chopped carrots (300g), halved potatoes (300g), chopped sweet potato (300g) and peeled whole onions (8) into a roasting pan.
- Place the crushed star anise pods (2) into the bowl. Mix on Speed 7 until crushed.
- Add the peeled ginger (3cm piece) and peeled garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the honey (50g), soy sauce (50g) and olive oil (30g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Pour this mixture over the vegetables and mix to coat well.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through to your liking.
- Serve immediately.