Squash and Zucchini Gratin
A simple yet delicious way to enjoy squash and zucchini. This is the perfect side to a Sunday night roast. We find that it is easiest to slice the squash from top to bottom to give the slices a slightly pointed shape, rather than cutting large rounds. For a nice change, consider using garlic infused olive oil!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a lovely light side dish to our roast dinner. All of our dinner guests really enjoyed it and loved the crunchy crumb crust. I'm thinking I might use the leftover crumb mixture to coat some chicken tenders tonight... yum!" - Renee
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Serves 8-10 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- butter - for greasing
- zucchini - 3, large, thinly cut into 2mm thick slices
- yellow squash - 5, thinly cut into 2mm thick slices
- olive oil - 30g
- bread - 2 slices, day old, broken up (*can use GF)
- almonds - 70g, blanched
- Parmesan cheese - 120g, cubed
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a square baking dish with butter.
- Place the zucchini slices (from 3 zucchini) and squash slices (from 5 squash) into the dish, standing upright on their edges.
- Drizzle with olive oil (30g).
- Add the bread (2 slices), almonds (70g), Parmesan cheese (120g), parsley (2 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes.