We LOVE wraps. Once you get the hang of them they are relatively quick to make and are great filled with a variety of meats, cheese and salad for something a bit different to a sandwich. They are great with our Chickpea Patties and Lamb and Mint Meatballs.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I once bought spinach wraps from the shops and had a laugh at the absolutely ridiculous amount (something like 0.1%) of spinach in them. I love that my kids are getting the goodness of real spinach in these without knowing it! It's so great to be able to make these at home with the goodness of real spinach. So easy to whip up with some pantry basics and can be served with so many different things." - Nadia
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 55 minutes, including rest time
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- baby spinach - 50g
- water - 170g
- bakers flour - 440g, plus extra for dusting
- olive oil - 40g
- salt - 1 tsp
- Place spinach (50g) and water (170g) into bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 45 seconds.
- Add bakers flour (440g), oil (40g) and salt (1 tsp) into the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function or until a smooth, ball like dough is formed.
- Add a little extra flour if needed. You want a smooth dough in a slight ball shape, but it doesn't have to be a perfect ball. You just don't want a sticky dough.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove from bowl. Divide your dough into 8-10 pieces.
- Using a little flour to dust, roll out your dough into thin circles. You want it only a few millimetres in thickness so they cook quickly and evenly.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Place a wrap in the pan once it is warmed.
- Once the wrap starts to puff up and bubble, flip it over.
- You will only need to cook for a minute or so each side, so keep an eye on them so they don't burn. You want them to be cooked but still flexible.
- Once cooked, place onto a plate and cover with a tea towel.
Note: The first few wraps may be cardboard like as you find the right temperature of your pan. Simply place all the other cooked wraps on top of them and they will soon soften and be delicious like the rest of them.