Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
This recipe is perfect for making ahead of time and taking to work or school cold. Note, however, it's not ideal if you have a nut free school or workplace. You can substitute with pepitas or sunflower kernels if preferred.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This dish is full of flavour and a big hit with the family. My two high school children are looking forward to taking some for their lunches once school resumes." - Anita
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 400g, of choice (*can use GF and EF)
- capsicum - 100g, roasted, strips
- pine nuts - 50g, toasted (*use roasted seeds for NF)
- Parmesan cheese - 70g (*omit for DF, but add more salt)
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled, or less if you prefer
- spinach - 50g
- fresh basil - 100g
- cashew nuts - 90g (*use roasted seeds for NF)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- olive oil - 60g
- Cook pasta (400g) according to packet directions.
- Place Parmesan cheese (70g) into bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Place garlic cloves (3), spinach (50g), basil (100g), cashews (90g), and salt and pepper into bowl. Blitz on Speed 7 and slowly drizzle in oil (60g) until well combined. Set aside.
- Drain cooked pasta and place into a big bowl.
- Add pesto and roasted capsicum (100g). Mix to combine.
- Place into fridge until cold.
- Scatter pine nuts (50g) over the top just before serving.