Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Sauce with Ricotta Gnocchi
This recipe has been shared with us by Tracey Peebles.
"This recipe came about when my veggie box had a few mushrooms in it. We don’t regularly eat mushies, so I was at a loss with them. Using spinach, ricotta and cream cheese along with a ricotta gnocchi recipe, I created something that was quite yum and is now a regular feature in our house. As mushrooms are a powerhouse of nutrition, I am more than happy to get them into our meals in any way possible." - Tracey
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Rich and creamy pasta sauce. Great alongside a nice salad." - Tamara
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 10g
- baby spinach - 2, large handfuls
- mushrooms - 4-6, button, sliced
- cream cheese - 150g, in chunks
- ricotta cheese - 100g, smooth (make your own with the Ricotta Cheese recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- cream - 100g, or to taste
- gnocchi - 600g, ricotta, or gnocchi of choice
- Parmesan cheese - grated, to serve
- If you need to grate your Parmesan cheese, add cubed cheese to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (5g only) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Add the spinach (2 handfuls) and mushrooms (4-6) to the bowl. Blitz Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 1 second blast or until all is finely minced and combined. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining olive oil (5g) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add the cream cheese (150g), ricotta (100g), cream (100g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds or until combined. Scrape down sides.
- Program 10 minutes / 90C / Speed 2, measuring cap off. Place the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking, cook gnocchi (600g) according to packet directions. Drain.
- Add the sauce to the cooked gnocchi and stir gently to combine.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.