Spinach and Feta Stuffed Tomatoes
Bright and appealing, this is a fresh new way to enjoy tomatoes. These are delicious served with grilled steak and salad. Making the filling is super fast, and while the deseeding and stuffing takes a little longer, there is no cooking involved which means the tomatoes are ready to go after stuffing!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Fresh, fast, raw and full of flavour." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Serves 4 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- tomatoes - 16, small truss
- spring onions - 2, roughly chopped
- feta cheese - 250g
- baby spinach - 60g, leaves
- fresh basil - 10 leaves
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked
- nutmeg - pinch
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes (16) and scoop out seeds. These can be added into your next tomato-based dish. Simply freeze.
- Place spring onions (2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add feta (250g), spinach (60g), basil leaves (10), pepper (1 tsp) and nutmeg (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5-10 seconds until mixed.
- Spoon filling into each tomato.